Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Birthday Party

Lee and Suzie came to visit us on the Saturday before Liam's party. We were so happy to see Lee and meet Suzie and we had a great time with them here. It didn't go without the occational disaster. There is never a dull moment in the Visser household.
Disaster #1: Saturday the bakery called to let me know that the cakes I've ordered has been recalled and I have to re-order. No big deal I re-order and this time it is Madagascar and Shrek Cakes.
Disaster #2: On Sunday, an hour before Liam's party, I gave Danni mashed avocado to eat....guess what? She is allergic to avocado and breaks out in a red rash all over - crying and itching. I only realized how bad it was right before we have to leave for the party, since she took a nap after eating the avocado. I gave her Benadril.
Now ready to put the cakes, that we had in the cellar overnight, in the car and
Disaster #3: Ants got to the Madagascar Cake and we have to throw it away. Willem and Lee will take the red Subaru and go pick up another cake, while Suzie, the kids (one of then red and blodgy) and I go to the party.
Disaster #4: The red Subaru has a flat tire. Now the men has to change tires and go get another cake in time for the party.
At the party Danni's rash started to clear up and Liam had a blast with all his friends. At the end of the day, we had a great time and Liam got a ton of great gifts from all his friends.
Thank God it was all over.
Lee and Suzie left Monday afternoon for London again. I'm just glad I had the extra hands with all that was going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home